Sometimes I am way guilty of focusing on what is not going my way in life, complaining about stupid little things (or big things) and sounding like a big whiney baby. Venting to each other is human nature, that is something that has become obvious to me over the years and for clinical over share-er like me, sometimes I need to be reminded not to be that girl. You know that girl. The one that no one likes to be around because she is always only talking about how unjust her life has been or how stupid her significant other acts.
I’ve always loved that quote.
Hopefully, I’m not so far gone no one wants to be around me, but sometimes I do need to be reminded to count my blessings. Because they are many! I have been in a weird funk the last few days so when Erin and Sarah challenged us to write a post about 32 things that make us happy, I thought I’d better hop on that train. So here we go! 32 things that make me smile.
1. The new blog design coming my way from this girl. I got a sneak peek on Tuesday and I’m excited for what I’ve seen so far!
2. Anna Kendrick is hosting SNL this weekend! Love everything about that funny girl.
3. Holidays. All of them, I’m not picky.
4. Chrissy Teigen’s tweets. I’ve said it before but if you aren’t following this chick, you are missing out.
5. All the weddings and wedding related events coming up. My cousin is getting married in June, I’m the maid of honor in another wedding in July and my wedding is in September which means there are SO MANY wedding events coming!
6. Divergent. The book not the movie. I’m so close to being done but refuse to see the movie until I do.
7. Summer road trips. Weddings, bachelorette parties, baseball games and OUR HONEYMOON. Ok the honeymoon isn’t really a road trip per say, but you get the idea.
8. Flowers for no reason. Buying them for myself or being gifted with them, doesn’t matter either way but they make my heart soar.
9. House hunting
10. Building new friendships out here in the blogging community.
11. What You Do To Me by Dan + Shay. I only listened to this song 100x yesterday.
12. The spring storm happening outside my window.
13. Iced vanilla macchiatos from Starbucks. Yum.
14. The last couple productive, busy, successful weeks at work.
15. Our marriage counseling books coming in the mail. It’s getting real people.
16. Wine. Just wine.
17. One of my good friend’s having her baby! I can’t wait to meet little Parker Elizabeth today.
18. Another one of my baby sisters is coming to work for me.
19. What To Expect When You Are Expecting (the movie). I watched this for the first time this week with my pregnant bestie and I have no idea why I waited so long. It’s hilarious. And on Netflix so go check it out.
20. Harry Potter Marathons on ABC Family. But really, anything to do with Harry Potter.
21. Having a savings account with money in it. Hasn’t happened since I started college! Also, having zero debt so that this is possible.
22. My new watch from The Modern Tulip.
23. Our wedding save the dates are here and ready to be put together.
24. This sore butt and legs. It means I kicked booty at the gym this week! I got this #1800minutechallenge.
25. My birthday is just over a month away!
26. Sticking your fingers in a bowl of ice water to instantly dry your nails. A little painful sure, but well worth the hour you save waiting to do anything while they dry.
27. The crockpot. God bless you crockpot for making cooking dinner so easy some nights.
28. The friends and family who love me even when I don’t put as much into my relationships with them as I should.
29. Warmer weather so I can run/exercise outside. I’m not one of those girls you will see running in the snow, but I do prefer outside over the treadmill when it is nice out.
30. Leopard print…anything.
31. Living. Doing things. Having new experiences and making memories.
32. All the blogs. Really, all of you. You all inspire and encourage me on a daily basis. Even the days when you blog/talk about something negative, because then I know I’m not out here alone.