How is it Friday again already? January dragged on and on and now POOF, the first few days of February have flown by. We have been on the go non-stop for the past week and my calendar is telling me that is not changing for the foreseeable future. Nearly everyone in my LARGE family have birthdays in the last few days of January and in February (an exaggeration but 6/12) which means there is a lot of gift buying and celebrating to be done!
Our schedule is pretty light this weekend. Just a birthday celebration (maybe two), serving at church, and the Super Bowl of course! I’m here for the snacks and JT, obviously. I’m hoping to sneak a trip to our Children’s Museum in there too. What are you guys making for the super bowl?
Whatever you are doing this weekend I hope you enjoy it and enjoy these five random things from our week!
1. We got a little bit of snow on Thursday just after lunch. One of us in this picture is thrilled because they genuinely love snow and the other is thrilled because it didn’t seem to be sticking to the ground. We already had a week of snow this year which is about six days too much for me.
2. My mom and I went to see a national touring production of The Sound of Music this week and it was GOOD. We get a few musicals in our town each year and in my experience, they can sometimes be a real flop. This one was incredible! The kids in it were fantastic and the Maria was just unbelievably good. If it’s coming to your area (you can check on their website here) I would highly recommend.
3. As a person with the most oily head (hair and face included) I’m really disappointed in myself that I took so long to drink the Batiste kool aid. I bought it on a whim last week at TJ Maxx because well, it was there and I was there and out of dry shampoo and HELLO one less errand I needed to run with a toddler. I know the mama’s feel me. I’m not lying to you when I say this stuff is MAGICAL. I usually skip one day of washing my hair but by the end (even with dry shampoo) it was a bad situation. I’ve been going THREE days. I could gush about this stuff for 10 minutes but I’ll just leave it at you really have got to try it. I got the one pictured but they also make a brunette version that I’m going to try next time. Oh, and don’t forget to check your TJ Maxx! I got the bigger bottle for just a couple more dollars than they sell the small one for at Target.
4. After Christmas I bought myself this Contigo water bottle from Target and I love it! It holds 32 oz. so it’s a beast, but I love that I only have to fill it up a few times a day to get all the water I need. My goal is to drink half my body weight in oz. and three times cover that plus some! Well my little mini me up there has become obsessed with stealing drinks from my bottle so I picked him up this kids version because #fluseason #keepyourgermsawayfromme. I’ll be honest. I had to take the “safety” (aka so it doesn’t spill) thing out because I couldn’t even suck hard enough to get a drink out of this thing when it was in. But all he ever drinks is water so I’m not too worried about that too much and it hasn’t been an issue yet.
5. Oh chips and queso, how I’ve missed you. We, of course, went to our favorite Mexican place as our first post-Whole30 meal and while I kept my meal pretty much Whole30 compliant but did indulge in some chips. It tasted delicious my stomach hurt pretty fierce before we even left the restaurant. It makes me a little nervous for the other dinners out we have planned this weekend but hopefully it will ease up a little by then. I guess their on to something with that reintroduction plan from the book 😉
Have a great weekend, friends!