It’s official. These weeks need to sloooow down! I actually went into this week completely over-booked and nervous about how I was going to handle all the commitments I had made and then many of them fell off my plate on their own. Funny how that happens sometimes. #godwink We are going to try to lay low this weekend before the crazy starts up again next week!
1. Newest favorite mom-fit alert! Leggings (high-waist, duh), the softest, most flattering t-shirt, and this jacket over the top to make it look a little more pulled together. Can we have a moment for whomever made high-waist leggings a thing? I love that person with my whole heart.
A New Day Jacket | BP. V-Neck | Old Navy High-Rise Moto Legging | Sneakers | Backpack
2. Even though we are taking short break before hoping back into Whole30 I’m still cooking that way as much as possible. I have made these slow cooker buffalo chicken sweet potatoes once a week for the last five weeks and I don’t see myself slowing down on them anytime soon. They are SO good. The recipe makes plenty for leftovers and reheats like a dream! We also made buffalo chicken wraps with these grain free tortillas (all ingredients are Whole30 approved but you technically aren’t supposed it eat tortillas on your Whole30) and all the sandwich fixings. Ugh, I want one right now. Don’t forget the dump ranch!
3. Nothing can stand between your girl and going over the top for any sort of holiday! The Valentine’s Day fever is real over here. We are keeping the Curious George obsession alive with this cute this book – we make George “pop” out of the box at least 50x a day. Our dinosaur loving boy is obsessed with these cute Carter’s jammies and of course we love our Cat & Jack Valentine t-shirt. This weekend we will be assembling our Valentine’s for his pre-school class and a few friends and I can. not. wait. All of my mom dreams coming true. We are going to make something like this and I think he will be into it because it doesn’t seem hard!
4. Do you all use Honey? I actually heard about this from my friend Brittany at Life of the Mrs and I am OBSESSED. It’s basically a plug in that you install on your computer that pulls every coupon code for the website you are shopping and automatically applies the best one to your cart. I mean, who can keep up with all the Target and Kohl’s coupon codes? Not this girl. You can see in the pictures about that Honey applied some sort of code to those Valentine’s jammies and saved me $5! Raise your hand if you don’t like saving money. That’s what I thought. You can earn points for shopping on certain websites too and once you accumulate so many you can redeem them for gift cards to places like Target and Amazon. Believe me, you need this in your life and you can sign up here!
5. I am also loving the Magnolia Journal subscription I was gifted for Christmas! Who doesn’t want a little piece of Jojo showing up at their house once a quarter? It’s so beautiful and relateable with down-to-earth suggestions. Can this woman do no wrong?! We are also getting close to her cookbook release and I can barely contain my excitement!
Have a great weekend, friends! I’ll see you over on Instagram Stories this weekend!