Like most women (or so I’ve heard) I contradict myself at least 59.638% of the time. It’s our right since there are certain times of the month where most of us could be considered clinically insane, I say. So tonight I’m giving you…5 things I’m currently loving, and 5 things I’m hating to love.
1. Breaking Bad. I know, I know I’m a little (lot) late to hop on this train. But, I’m hooked. More specifically I love the fact that my finance and I have time to watch Breaking Bad…together! Glorious. It’s his second time through the series so we are going pretty slow. But let’s just say, I’m fully contemplating heading down the same route as ol’ Walt to pay for this wedding. Or a house. Or a new car. Whichever, I won’t be picky!
2. My Valentine’s decorations from the $1 section of Target. THESE. Best $3 I’ve spent in a while. If I was a good little blogger who didn’t wait until 9:45 PM to come up with a blog post, I would add a super cute picture of my desk area right now. Maybe I’ll remember to Instagram it/them tomorrow. But let’s just say, “Be <3 Mine” sign + Pink Heart Garland + Mini Vase +$3 = instant happiness. GIVE ME ALL THE HOLIDAY THEMED DECORATIONS. Especially when they come from the dollar aisle. Mmhmm.
3. Award show season. And we are in the thick of it! I’m less about the actual show (Especially the Oscars…ZZZzzzz) but gimme all the fashion. The Golden Globes did not disappoint, and the Grammy’s are up next this weekend. Expect a full recap of the fashion & show here on Tuesday. Obviously, I’m expecting to be blown out of the water somewhere between Beyonce and Jay Z. Throw a little JT & TSwift in there an I’ll probably just die of excitement.
4. My cheerleaders. I know I mentioned them yesterday. But I’m actually obsessed with them. It may be on the verge of creepy. Jury’s still out on that one. But really, they are pretty good and I can’t get over how happy it is making me to be coaching again. They are sucking up all of my free time these past few weeks, but it will all be worth it Monday at their performance.
5. My wedding dress. Random, but I was showing my friends some pictures of it tonight and I just really can’t get over how pretty it is. I’m actually sad I only get to wear it one time. If/when it comes home to me, I will most likely put in on every day until the wedding. Not that this currently happens with my wedding band…
HATE TO LOVE
1. Teen Mom 2. Can we all just agree that this show/these people are disgusting? Now that we did that, can we talk about why we all CAN’T. STOP. WATCHING. So cliche, but it really is like watching a train wreck. I can not look away.
2. My job. I hate to love my job mostly because I know how blessed I am to be excited to go to work every day and sometimes I feel guilty about it. I know not everyone is so fortunate and I don’t ever want take these feelings for granted.This is also true because, truth be told, I really haven’t loved my job over the past 6 months. But lately, I have such a passion for it. I don’t know if it’s the whole new year/fresh start/let’s make this the best year ever excitement, or the fact that I feel like I can actually focus on doing new things to improve the business instead of just getting by.
3. Justin Bieber’s demise. I’m sure I should feel some sort of sympathy, somewhere for this monster our society has created, but I’m not sure I do. If you couldn’t see this one’s troubles today coming you may want to come out from under that rock there, sweetie. But seriously, that mug shot. THE ACNE. *insert laughing so hard you are crying emoji here*
4. My super sore body. It’s been about six weeks since the last time I did boot camp twice in the same week, and maaaaan am I feeling it. I’ve been a pretty active person the last few years (yoga, Insanity, boot camp, running) and I’ve never been so sore in my life. Not even after my first competitive cheerleading practice, and I will NEVER forget that pain. Now if I could stop eating so this soreness would pay off a little more…
5. The Polar Vortex. Alright, hear me out on this one. Does it suck when you walk outside and your exposed skin feels like its being stabbed with a million tiny needles? Absolutely. But do I look super cute in my winter gear? You bet. But really, I’m actually loving the challenge of being warm & stylish at the same time. It’s a game my closet and I have been playing every morning.
I’d love to add something clever and witty here to wrap all this up, but it’s 10:41 PM and those who know me know my brain goes into complete shutdown mode at 10:30. So really, I’ll consider myself lucky if those last few sentences made any sense.